Behavioral Health EHR Security Features
ICANotes maintains ongoing compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
These include the latest technology to prevent unauthorized access to company servers, full encryption of transmitted data, password and username protection, access logs, alerts, and protection of access points.
Rest Assured. We Have You Covered.
We comply with all HIPAA requirements with customized features and security precautions.
ICANotes includes username/password protection. Biometric authentication via the use of fingerprint recognition technology can be provided on request.
ICANotes keeps a log of the date, time, and identity of every person who logs onto the program. A separate log is kept of which patient notes were accessed, when, and by whom.
ICANotes is easily set to allow different privileges to different types of users. For example, a medical records staff person could easily be assigned privileges to browse and print records, but not to create or alter records. Privileges for other groups are similarly easy to set or change.
In addition to fingerprint and/or username/password authentication at each workstation, ICANotes automatically drops the workstation computer from the network and/or logs off the program after a period of idle time.
Users with appropriate privileges are able to create and remove users, edit user information, and set or reset passwords.
If the wrong password is entered three times in a row, ICANotes prevents further attempts for 5 minutes and reports the event to the system administrator.
ICANotes permits the recording of separate notes that can be password protected. These notes do not become part of the official record.
ICANotes provides digital electronic signatures and locking of the electronic record.
ICANotes transmits and receives data that is encrypted with a 128-bit key.
Ways Our EHR Security Features Can Help Your Practice
We design our healthcare solutions with compliance as a core focus. ICANotes complies with HIPAA and the HITECH Act to provide industry-leading security and compliance. Security features available from ICANotes include:
- A design with mental healthcare regulations in mind: Our team includes clinical professionals who understand behavioral health. As a result, ICANotes has compliance built into its design.
- Third-party integrations: ICANotes works with third-party integrations such as health information exchanges (HIE). We ensure that our integrations follow the same stringent security standards as our software.
- Regular security updates: ICANotes receives frequent security updates from our development team to ensure that you always have the most up-to-date security.
With these advantages, you can increase your rate of successful security audits and maintain data security for your mental health practice.
Benefits for Behavioral Health Providers
When you protect your patients' information with ICANotes, you'll get the chance to experience benefits such as:
- Increased standard of care: Secure and organized information will let you improve your practice's standard of care. Maintaining compliant records will help you provide faster and more personalized services.
- Better compliance: ICANotes uses customizable templates and security features to keep records consistent and safe. It can automate many of the record-keeping practices you'd otherwise need to perform with traditional paper documents.
- Higher patient trust: Many patients notice when their mental health care provider values their security. An EHR program with built-in data protection builds patient trust through professionalism.
Intuitive, Accessible, Time-Saving
ICANotes - the only EHR software that actually thinks like a clinician.