Meeting All Service Standards
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology works with four organizations designated as Accredited Certification Bodies as of February 2017. Also known as ONC-ATLs, these organizations test and certify electronic health record (EHR) systems.
ONC-ATLs base their EHR certifications on criteria and procedures developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). These benchmarks ensure that a system complies with meaningful use under the HITECH Act. The meaningful use requirements have approval from the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services.
ICANotes meets these standards and was certified by one of the accredited organizations, The Drummond Group, on December 31, 2018.
Customer support related to Meaningful Use is limited to documentation. Additional fees are required for Meaningful Use training. A specific provider workflow is required and included in the documentation to ensure that Meaningful Use reporting is accurate.
Meaningful Use in Behavioral Healthcare
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act requires healthcare professionals to demonstrate meaningful use of EHRs. According to this program, a professional implements meaningful use over three stages:
- Stage 1: Data gathering and fundamental EHR adoption
- Stage 2: Establishing health information exchange and care coordination
- Stage 3: Improving healthcare outcomes through technology
As the healthcare industry changes, so will these stages and requirements. We plan to adapt ICANotes to any future developments to ensure that your practice still qualifies.
How Does ICANotes' ONC-Certified Software Qualify?
ICANotes can help you reach Stage 3 of meaningful use implementation as a Stage-3-certified EHR. ICANotes qualifies for this program stage through:
- Technological features
- Security features
In short, ICANotes qualifies for Stage 3 certification through secure and reliable technology.
The Benefits of Choosing a Stage 3 and ONC-Certified EHR
An EHR software with Stage 3 and ONC-ATCB certification such as ICANotes can provide the following advantages for your practice:
- The most advanced qualifications possible: To meet Stage 3 requirements, your technology must meet 2015 Edition certifications. ICANotes meets 2015 Edition criteria and can help you reach Stage 3 of qualifications.
- Demonstrated to have the potential to improve care outcomes: Since Stage 3 focuses on improving care for your patients, a Stage-3-certified EHR can help you meet this goal. We designed ICANotes to improve your practice's operations and efficiency.
- Medicare EHR requirements: Under Medicare regulations, EHRs must meet meaningful use standards. ICANotes' design and features will keep your records compliant for more successful audit outcomes.
Our ONC certification will allow us to help you provide a higher quality of care for your patients and comply with state HIE mandates for interoperability.
Intuitive, Accessible, Time-Saving
ICANotes - the only EHR software that actually thinks like a clinician.