Create a comprehensive initial assessment with minimal typing.
The Initial Assessment sample in the video was created in 7 minutes. Only the words highlighted in yellow were typed.
Diagnoses are made using drop-down menus organized in accordance with ICD-10.
For prescribing clinicians, the initial assessment includes fields for medication orders and patient recommendations.
You press a single button and ICANotes provides an E/M code based on the content and complexity of your assessment.
For non-prescribing clinicians, additional menus generate content for therapy, suicide/violence risk assessment, level of care justification, and patient instructions.
These notes can be used in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
With just a few clicks of a button, you can create detailed psychiatric progress notes in under two minutes. Using ICANotes Behavioral Health EHR software, you'll be able to easily update your patient's progress and keep track of their interval history, status exams, clinician diagnoses, and recommendations.
The SOAP note (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan) is an important part of any patient's chart as it provides clear and concise information on a patient's condition that can be easily interpreted for faster treatment. ICANotes offers comprehensive templates so you can quickly create more effective SOAP notes for your patients.
More Resources on Mental Health SOAP Notes
The video demonstrates how to create a psychiatric progress note in less than two minutes.
The following video demonstrates how to create a psychotherapy note in less than three minutes.
BIRP notes (Behavior, Intervention, Response, Plan) are critical for recording patient progress during their treatment. ICANotes offers extensive templates to help you take detailed BIRP notes in just minutes.
What should BIRP Notes Include?
As a general rule, BIRP notes should include the following items:
- Behavior: counselor observations as well as statements and direct quotes from the patient.
- Intervention: the methods used by the counselor to address the patient's goals, objectives, statements, and observations.
- Response: the patient's response to the methods of intervention and any progress the patient has made toward treatment plan goals and objectives.
- Plan: any revisions to the current treatment plan and course of action for the patient including the clinician's next steps and the next session date.
More Resources on BIRP Notes
This module makes creating a discharge summary quick and easy.
Discharge summaries are a critical part of the discharge planning process. Whether the patient is transferring to a new clinician or completing their treatment plan, psychiatric discharge summaries provide detailed records of the patient's mental health history, status exams, diagnosis, recommendations, medication orders, and more. Our discharge summaries include the following items:
- Cover page with initial psychiatric assessment
- All progress notes in a compressed format (optional)
- Final page with patient risk factors, final diagnosis, condition at time of discharge, and discharge instructions
The Discharge Summary sample in the video was created in 8 minutes with no typing.
More Resources on Writing Behavioral Health Notes
Write Better Behavioral Health Notes with ICANotes
Save time and maximize your reimbursement rates on psychiatry and therapy notes.
Intuitive, Accessible, Time-Saving
ICANotes - the only EHR software that actually thinks like a clinician.